This article is about Clipà.Vu for Desktop v3.x. It does not apply for v4.0 and up.
Theoretically the situation you experience "Data storage corrupted error" should never happen. The only thinkable reason it appears anyway is that some process modified the underlying data carrier file.
- If the problem appeared right after you installed a new program version then try to re-install the older one. You can pick it up here. Already that could be the fix.
- Make sure Clipà.Vu is not running
- Navigate to C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Clipa.Vu\Data and make your personal backup of this folder somewhere else on your disk
- Delete all History.* files from Data folder
- Clipà.Vu creates data backups regularly. You can find them here: C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Clipa.Vu\Backup\Data. Navigate there.
- Pick up History_XXXXXX_YYYYYY.vu file with the date when it used to work, copy this from Backup\Data folder to Data folder and rename it to History.vu.
- Repeat the same for Favorites, Timestamps, Guids, Sources and Meta files
- Start the program
Please let us know on firstname.lastname@example.org if this advice did not work or if you need a better solution.
Jan Zeman, Clipà.Vu